Last night I had the opportunity to see my favorite team, the Dallas Cowboys beat the Washington Redskins thanks to my friend, Chad Brooks. What an experience, especially at the end of the game. After giving high-fives to everyone seated around me, both stranger and friend, we made our way up the steps to the concourse area for something totally unexpected. The video below will give you a glimpse of that experience. Unfortunately my cell phone didn’t capture the sound very well, so yes on October 4 or there about I will be buying the iPhone 5 to capture more accurate moments like these. And yes, I was dancing (around 1.40) with quite a few strangers who were just as excited as I was!
The 5 things I learned about creating buzz from attending the Cowboys game:
- Make it where people want to talk about it (go viral). (e.g., post it to Facebook, Twitter, blog, YouTube)
- Don’t do it like everyone else would do it. (Read Ignore Everybody by Hugh MacLeod)
- Experiences aren’t found they are created. Someone carefully crafted the experience I was supposed to have, even the experience of leaving the stadium. (Read Free Prize by Seth Godin)
- Create something that is totally unexpected. (Read Made to Stick by Chip Heath and Dan Heath)
- Make sure people have a smile on their face. (Read Mr. Shmooze by Richard Abraham
John Ellis says
Hey Jeff, My name is John Ellis, I’m the audio engineer for the band that was playing the after party at Cowboys stadium. Professor D. You can check us out at http://www.professord.com or on facebook http://www.facebook.com/profdband
I hope you enjoyed the show!!