Have you received a gift lately? It's fun when someone shows gratitude by going out of their way to express it in a special tangible way. In our busyness we sometimes forget the importance of expressing our gratitude to others. A great story is modeled about this in a short, engaging and powerful book Mr. Shmooze by Richard Abraham. In this book the author paints a picture of what it looks like to be a master at observing details. What would happen if you "elevated" everything, every person, every time? By elevating, I mean looking for ways to applaud them. Look at some of the opportunities in which we can elevate (make a difference) others:
- That special waitress or waiter who served you at the restaurant, that made you look great.
- That employee that made your customer feel like a million dollars.
- Your spouse --- loving you with all your faults.
- Your son/daughter --- for showing gratitude to others
- Your customers --- what's happening in their life that you can recognize: i.e. marriage, birthday, promotion, death, new baby, a new house, a new car, etc.
What can you do to exceed everyone's expectations? By making people the heart of everything you do. When you make this your mantra you find opportunities to make a difference. A simple gift can provide a kind gesture of your appreciation and thankfulness.
- Love Is The Killer App by Tim Sanders. This is a must read! Buy 100 copies and give them out.
- Mr. Shmooze by Richard Abraham. This is a must read also. This book paints the picture.
- Made to Stick by Chip Heath and Dan Heath. Why do some ideas stick and others don't? Learn what makes sticky ideas.
- Blog: What's In A Name? ... Brand Identity
- Give A Biz Gift Without Your Name On It
If you feel like you don’t have the complete picture of what your business should look like or you have a business or marketing problem that you need a solution for, then a consultation with Jeff Payne is what you need.